Please read this carefully. The nature of this project implies higher and different risks than in many ordinary business transactions, and it is important that you as a supporter and buyer understand them.
1) this is a community-driven project, run by a very small crew, made possible solely by funding through the community,
2) the project is funded by the community in several stages during its course, and the availability of financial assets therefore depends on continued financial support by the community,
3) the products the project aims to provide are still under development and changes to project duration, final cost, and outcome of the development process are possible,
4) therefore, payments made by customers are contributions towards a shared goal, without guarantees on the outcome,
5) specifically, the project may fail, become unsustainable, or have to reduce its goals. Possible causes for such changes include, but are not limited to:
a) the project failing to meet its technical objectives,
b) key people becoming unavailable without replacement,
c) key components becoming unavailable without replacement,
d) the project running too low on funds before production,
e) the project failing to secure sufficient funds to start production.
6) in case of total or partial failure, the project may not be able to refund payments in their entirety, or at all,
7) the project solely aims to develop a hardware platform and assumes no responsibility for developing or providing an operating system, applications, or related software,
8) the project does and will continue to provide all relevant information - to the extent that such information is available to and can be shared by project participants - for FOSS software developers to make use of the hardware platform,
9) the "products" being offered in the shop represent down payments, where the final sales price is not determined yet.
10) final products will be built to order after final payment,
11) these terms and conditions are a binding agreement between you the customer and Neo900 UG (haftungsbeschraenkt), and by accepting them you confirm that you understand the limitations and risks resulting from the nature of this project,
12) all claims arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions will be governed by German law, will be litigated exclusively in the courts of Nuremberg, Bavaria, Germany, and you and Neo900 UG (haftungsbeschraenkt) consent to jurisdiction in those courts.